A new business. With bonus material and bloopers and all. And you're right, I changed the title. Bit too presumptious. But if you want to find out more, got to learn Dutch first. Coz I tried in English, i really did, and it's just too much struggle. And hey i am lot smarter and wittier in my own language. So what i'll do; i'll just give it a go and juice it up with some Dutch whenever i am stuck. K?

Monday, July 16, 2007

Morten's birtday.

Yesterday we were talking about what he was hoping to get today.
Probably some Lego he said, because i already saw a big packet in your closet.

Allrighty.

And then I swear he said this: Doesn't time fly by ?
I still remember my birthday last year.

Duh!!!!

Here some scenes of this morning and ofcourse supper.

8 years.
He is so funny, so lovely and such a good looking kid!

Morten, wishing you lots and lots of many more happy birthdays and hoping pappa and I will be there for the coming 75 yrs!









Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!

Happy birthday to a handsome little man!
Wow, 8...Time flies!

He certainly looks like he loved his gifts!

I'll be there soon enough to!./..to play with them all with him!

<3Melissa

5:17 PM

 
Blogger Practically Dutch said...

Haha i love the picture of us all at the table.. Timos like.. god! not another photo! Mortens looking at timo out of the corner of his eye and caroline.. well.. is just caroline!

9:33 PM

 
Blogger Austin said...

Dang! Morten is getting big!

5:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Van harte gefeliciteerd!!!

Your blog 'Rotterdam daily photo' made me cry! I read that you stopped there so I'm using this blog to reach you. I have lived in Rotterdam for 30 years (born and raised there) and I have been living in Turkey for 3 years now and I have never been this homesick before.... And today I wanted to see some pictures of my old town, googled and reached your blog. WoW! Thank you! I have lived in the Gerrit van de Lindestraat and my bedroom had a view of the Dutch-Polish church at the Beukelsdijk... I loved the pictures, every one of them. I feel like I just received a great gift. Thank you so much! I wish all the best to you and your lovely family :)

Selda

1:57 PM

 
Blogger Ineke said...

Thank you all for the nice comments!

Wow Selda, we were practically neighbors then, coz i live on the Beukelsdijk.

Wishing you strength with the homesickness and lots of good times in Turkey!!

7:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Dutchie!

After I went through every picture of Rotterdam daily photo I surfed your blog a little bit and I discovered your children attend the van Oldenbarneveltschool. Could it maybe possible that your daughter is in the same class as Seren? She's a daughter of very dear friends of mine. And I miss her a lot!

Anyway... sigh... just got too emotional with your pictures, but you've brought far away Rotterdam so close :) Thanks again!

Selda

12:25 PM

 
Blogger Ineke said...

Dat is echt toevallig! Ik ken Seren.
Ze zit niet in de klas bij 1 van mijn kinderen trouwens (die nu vakantie hebben, anders had ik haar vader die haar meestal brengt wel aangesproken)!

Het is echt een 'small world" :)

11:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wat een heerlijke 'small world'! Seren en haar broer Ender zijn praktisch bij ons thuis opgegroeid. De vader van Seren (Mehmet) was de zoon van kennissen van mijn ouders. Toen Ender geboren werd hadden ze een oppas nodig, dus zodoende...
Wij hadden in Nederland geen familie maar het gezinnetje Budak heeft op dat gebied veel leegte opgevuld. Ik mis ze heeeeel erg! Ook Rotterdam mis ik te erg. Bij deze nogmaals bedankt voor de fantastische foto's :))

Selda

2:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home