A new business. With bonus material and bloopers and all. And you're right, I changed the title. Bit too presumptious. But if you want to find out more, got to learn Dutch first. Coz I tried in English, i really did, and it's just too much struggle. And hey i am lot smarter and wittier in my own language. So what i'll do; i'll just give it a go and juice it up with some Dutch whenever i am stuck. K?

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Me, myself and I

I turned 41 last Sunday.

Thank you, thank you.

41.
Old isn't it.

Last year we celebrated, but really turning 41 is nothing to celebrate.

Still.
I got presents.
2 sets of lingerie. 1 pair of shoes, 1 book and a framed pictures set of the children from Rachel.
so i was looking at the pictures, lingering in my lingerie, wearing my gorgeous heels and reading my book.
For about half an hour.
Coz we also went to Hotel New York for breakfast.
Robbert took Timo for extra swimming lessons.
The kids wanted to watch Pietje Bell 2, my mother came over for dinner and it was father's day.
Meaning we had to admire several (a lot !) of formless paintings, something made of washpinchers (made that word up i suppose) and listen to a silly rhym.
All very sweet yes.
And they don't read (english) yet, so no fears.

But.
couple of days before electricity went down. First we figured it was the new boiler (again) but then -smoke coming out gave it away- we guessed the dishwasher was broke.
Now Toos happened to have one waiting for a good home in her cellar and Robbert picked that one up.
On the way home, took a bit of a steep turn, dishwasher fell over in the car and broke down.
I shit you not.

So, for the past week we've doing dishes by hand. Kids grumping and all but i bribed them with some extra pocket money.
Hope this one gets sorted out soon.

AND.
No internet at home anymore.
Hence the lack of posts recently.
Still.
The older, the wiser.
I fixed it tonight.
Filled in the appropriate mac address and all.
Told you, it's all about me, myself and I.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Practically Dutch said...

your just pure genious Ineke!

11:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home