A new business. With bonus material and bloopers and all. And you're right, I changed the title. Bit too presumptious. But if you want to find out more, got to learn Dutch first. Coz I tried in English, i really did, and it's just too much struggle. And hey i am lot smarter and wittier in my own language. So what i'll do; i'll just give it a go and juice it up with some Dutch whenever i am stuck. K?

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Dilemma

My precious husband left this family a week ago to go bike some cyclo sportive tour in the alps of Italy.
Has been training for about a year, meaning i have been alone (with 3 children yes) on (too) many weekends and occasions.

Like I said, he spent this week with his 2 mates in a nice hotel in Italy and was all pampered (they had the audacity to go to a spa AND tell me) .
Now northern europe is literally drowing in the rain and the south (noorse saus for those who remember) is dying because of the heat.
The alps are in between.
Meaning, he has had a LOT of rain, hail and even snow and started warning me a couple of days ago that if it were to rain today (the day of the race) they would not bike.

Too cold, frozen toes and then 7 more hours to go, dangerous because slippery, can come home earlier to relieve me.
He tried it all.

I am not having it.

I have been stressed out this whole week and many, Many days before, these past months, only to let him get out and bike.
I haven't read a book, seen a movie, done something completely for me AND on my own, since can't remember when.

He'd better show me a medal or any proof of actually having done it or I am of to the Bahama's for 2 weeks on my own.

Hmmm.
Why not do that anyway?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Graham Ettridge said...

LOL Dutchie!!! Make sure you send me a postcard from the Bahamas!! And when you go, make sure you have lots of cocktails and a good massage on the beach...You deserve it!!! Anywayz, thanks for the kind message on my blog, and you are correct, I am riddled with jealousy now that I know you have been to Bram's Castle. When I do go to Romania I will be sure to ask you for recommendations on where to visit!!! Kind regards ~ Graham

Oh! and Gefeliciflapstaart to you too!!!!!

8:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good idea to me! Taking time for yourself is important to keeping your own sanity.

Always Learning,
-joel

8:28 PM

 
Blogger Practically Dutch said...

Not alone!! Surely you wouldnt leave me?! (be careful on your answer for this one..)

11:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home