A new business. With bonus material and bloopers and all. And you're right, I changed the title. Bit too presumptious. But if you want to find out more, got to learn Dutch first. Coz I tried in English, i really did, and it's just too much struggle. And hey i am lot smarter and wittier in my own language. So what i'll do; i'll just give it a go and juice it up with some Dutch whenever i am stuck. K?

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Testing testing, 1, 2.

And another day of testing.

I am making progress tho. Only so slowly.

I tried to get an account at 2checkout a few days back. So far we were thinking of making payments possible through credit card and Paypal, but P. asked me to sign up with 2co also but I haven't come very far.
I mean i have an account and a vendor number but now i have to decide whether to make payments possible thru wire or airmail check.
Maybe I should ask A. coz i don't have any experience with either one.
And the wiring costs about 20 dollar per wire! My whole fee schedule is based on smaller amounts!!

P. and I have been thinking about how to attract people to the site and persuade them to register and even pay for contacts.
I think i am going to make a summer deal.
Let's face it; I really need ppl to register in order to make a start and make it interesting for others to follow.
So i have been thinking about this summers deal with for instance 3 months contact info for half price.
I am open to any suggestions, so if want to help me out, pls do so !!

And I originally wanted to place the emailadresses I have sofar in some sort of test database, which could be transferred into a real one with a personal password or so, but P. is very worried ppl may take it the wrong way and think that someone allready signed them up for something they haven't chosen themselves, so.. I'd better not go there.
That does mean, I have to do an immense email action (i have way over a 1000 adresses) with as much personalised mail as possible.

I'll tell P. i am planning to go life half june (15th) but in fact i want to go life the 17th. Not only my birthday, but also a Friday this year, so ppl will have the following weekend to go over it all.
On the one hand I think it's going to be a total disappointment. Nobody i will mail to, will register, let alone pay.
On the other hand, I simply know, coz i collected all my adresses on city/region that there are a lot of aupairs/expats whatever out there, very near to each other, who simply don't know each other yet and ofcourse will be happy to register and pay a small amount for contact info.

Pff.

R. is back to the office to paint.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ineke said...

Hey, didn't know they had ringing dishwasher nowadays. Duhhh.............
You know I have been thinking about that poster only recently!
Where you there when I took it?

9:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home