A new business. With bonus material and bloopers and all. And you're right, I changed the title. Bit too presumptious. But if you want to find out more, got to learn Dutch first. Coz I tried in English, i really did, and it's just too much struggle. And hey i am lot smarter and wittier in my own language. So what i'll do; i'll just give it a go and juice it up with some Dutch whenever i am stuck. K?

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Boefjes en judo

Now we decided that M. would have his birthday party, Wednesday 15 June.
His real birthday is a month later but not only we, but most kids are on holiday then.

So, I went over this site and choose Het Boevenverhaal.
I asked him several times to think about who he wanted to invite but nothing came of it.
Finally he confessed that since T. was in school, he only played with him and the other boys didn't want to play with him anymore. Big sobs.
I tried to convince him that maybe that was because they thought he would rather play with his brother instead of them but no, I had it all wrong ofcourse.
So last week I told him to invite Lucas, once his big time buddy to play over at our house.
Lucas called him Thursday night, just as we were getting ready for dinner to confirm he would come the next day and M. was all excited and thrilled again.
Lucas came over, and later that evening Lucas's father and mother joined us for dinner.

That weekend we made up the list of invitees.
The thing is, some kids HAVE to come coz he had been to their party. M. doesn't necessarily see it that way, but from a parents point of view it is even sort of embarrassing coz we know the other parents and regularly speak to them.
And just when I had printed the invitations and made them ready to hand out tomorrow, he got another invitation for a party on June 13th, from a boy we hadn't included.
That makes it a total of 11 kids and I've bought stuff for 10.
Man.
Now there are several kids on his list whom I have my doubts about.
Simply don't like them or he has never ever mentioned them before, but I need to strategically get him to agree with me.
I think I'll throw out Fenne. She's the only girl and M. only allowed her coz I suggested her. (she gave him a flippo)

Something completely different:
He came home last Monday from Judo with a paper explaining he could go for his first judo exam. I think I'll either wet myself from laughing looking at all sorts of 5/6 yr old "fighting" with each other or cry my eyes out of proud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home