A new business. With bonus material and bloopers and all. And you're right, I changed the title. Bit too presumptious. But if you want to find out more, got to learn Dutch first. Coz I tried in English, i really did, and it's just too much struggle. And hey i am lot smarter and wittier in my own language. So what i'll do; i'll just give it a go and juice it up with some Dutch whenever i am stuck. K?

Thursday, June 02, 2005

De Jantjes

Ha!
My granddad will be 91 somewhere in June and it is not easy finding a present for someone his age.
Combined with Fathers day in 10 days time, I thought I would him a great pleasure with tickets for De Jantjes .

So weeks ago I bought 2 tickets with top places (5th row) and today i made my surprise call.

He declined !!
He's got prostate problems and is worried he has to leave the show every 15 minutes (which as I can tell from experience is possible with him, and not only that but as his sight is not that great I would have to accompany him ofcourse and an average toiletvisit takes him about TEN minutes (I wait till the last second, hurry over, drop my pants, pee, wipe and run again) so...
where was I?
O ja.
He declined.
He really felt bad about it, and I really understood his point of view but now I am stuck with 2 tickets for De Jantjes, a musical I wouldn't have picked out voluntarily .

So I thought; lets surprise my mother and then she can take tante Els.
But i just rang her and she doesn't answer.

Now my mother is not the person to do something unexpectedly.
Correction; to do something.
Sure, she goes out to do the shopping but that's it.
And with her condition my sister and I have been thinking for some yrs now, there might come a time where someone would find her lying on the kitchenfloor.

And she didn't answer the phone yesterday either.
M. wanted to call her (he's very proud of his newly learned Phone manners)
After letting the phone ring for about 3 minutes, he came to the conclusion she was probably not at home, doing the groceries.
Whereas T. suggested she could also be abducted.
So we had a very interesting discussion about being abducted and what happened if your parents didn't pay in order to get you back. And would the abductors cut off your ear or would they starve you to death.

Let's just say; to be continued

1 Comments:

Blogger Ineke said...

I've been over to my mother's house just now and turns out her phone didn't work!

Yes, i do watch Yorin. most of the times though. Are you going to be in it?

1:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home