A new business. With bonus material and bloopers and all. And you're right, I changed the title. Bit too presumptious. But if you want to find out more, got to learn Dutch first. Coz I tried in English, i really did, and it's just too much struggle. And hey i am lot smarter and wittier in my own language. So what i'll do; i'll just give it a go and juice it up with some Dutch whenever i am stuck. K?

Friday, June 03, 2005

Airco

Now we have had this airco standing in our office for about a yr. After the incredibly hot summer of 2003, where T. and I on some days almost fell asleep at 2 am coz it was so warm in our room, we bought 2 airco's. One is a mobile one and we put that one in A.'s room as hers is the sunniest in the house and the other one is this split system thing, where you have to hang one thing outside and the other thing is inside.
With T. being on holiday and summer bound to arrive now for real one of these weeks (please summer please), I asked R. to install the airco in the office.
Now you have to know that all of the stuff I ask him gets done in the end but it can take weeks or months to finish.

Small example: we started the whole "closest in our bedroom and working/ironing/libraryroom -excercise" while A. wasn't even with us and she's been here for almost 10 months now !!

So
1) a hole needed to be drilled to put the hose thru and
2) a shelve needed to be made to put the airco on.

The hole alone (no not home alone) needed 2 days. With ceaseless driving to and from the Gamma to get a bigger drill and a new this and then still another drill and btw a new that.

Yesterday the shelve was made.
But.
Something needed to be made to cover up the hose.
That something needed plastering.
Plaster needs drying time.
Then it needs to be geschuurd.
And then it needs to be painted.
And while he was at it, it might be a good idea to paint those shelves behind me too.

NO.
It's the end of the working week today and we've got our own Ground Zero over at de Beukelsdijk.
He said he'll paint tomorrow.
But I need to test Looking for Friends again this weekend and coming Sunday we have a bbq planned because of Hugo & Esmee's 4th birtday.

ARGHHH!

Something completely different:
to all my readers out there; step forward please.
I have installed a very secret piece of code in my template with which i can track you down.
Relax, relax, I can only see where you are coming from.
It's very cool to see i've got visitors from Japan (thanks M.!) Romania (thanks T!), France (this might be my aunt but I am not sure), Germany (probably a lost soul coz I don't know any Germans) and ....*drum rolls*
Hello Foster City !!
I have a reader in California who has even returned his or hers visit.
Who ever you are, I just wanted to let you know; you made my day !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home