A new business. With bonus material and bloopers and all. And you're right, I changed the title. Bit too presumptious. But if you want to find out more, got to learn Dutch first. Coz I tried in English, i really did, and it's just too much struggle. And hey i am lot smarter and wittier in my own language. So what i'll do; i'll just give it a go and juice it up with some Dutch whenever i am stuck. K?

Monday, August 08, 2005

Cold turkey in France

G., our friend and accountant had become 50 a couple of weeks ago and invited friends and family over in a little castle in the French Ardennes.

The total weekend can be summed up as follows;
About 40 Dutchmen and 4 Frenchmen drinking from noon till 6 in the morning.

For the whole weekend i slept about 8 hrs.
The kids a little more but no more than 16 hrs.
C. had taken her duck and dummy out of the bag I packed that morning and left them at home so we gave her the cold turkey method and now she's off of the Speen. (under protest tho and only under the condition she is to get some cuddle or a doll today, coz she's a big girl now)

Not only do the French eat late. They eat f* late.
Saturday we started at about 21.30 and had our main course at 12 midnight!
We'd given the kids sandwiched with sprinklers by then coz they were out of control.

If you play a 'Murder game/Whodunnit" start early. To make a long story short, I had to team up with Jeeves, the butler and bribe several ppl into witnessing I was the only heir, but at 23.00 I was so tired I just hired mr. Sly (a thug, in real life being my husband) to murder the other 2 who were going for the heritage and thus safeguarding my interests.

But hey, just before we left I had P. send out the last mailing for LFF and we have 86 ppl joining us now!
Only thing is some registered more than a week ago and haven't been back since. Anyone any suggestions about how to get them back again? I think the site would profit from livelihood and more ppl sending each other messages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home