A new business. With bonus material and bloopers and all. And you're right, I changed the title. Bit too presumptious. But if you want to find out more, got to learn Dutch first. Coz I tried in English, i really did, and it's just too much struggle. And hey i am lot smarter and wittier in my own language. So what i'll do; i'll just give it a go and juice it up with some Dutch whenever i am stuck. K?

Monday, June 20, 2005

We've been robbed

Yesterday evening, R. was out in the car (parked almost in front of the door btw) working on the sound system. I was upstairs testing LFF and apparently someone came in (R. left the door open coz he was going in and out for stuff), took my laptop and R.'s wallet and left.
Nobody saw a thing.

At about 10 I wanted R. to help me out with some stuff on the pc upstairs and needed a letter that was in my laptop-suitcase.
Was ja.

First we thought A. might have taken it to the office to do things there but when we called her on her cellphone, she was upstairs (no we don't have that big a house, but sometimes you just don't know where everybody is going).
And the thing was, after dinner and the kids had been brought to bed, i sort of cleaned the living room coz C. our cleaning lady was coming today. So I knew for sure where my laptop was.

Called the police. Someone had to go down to the station because R.'s driving licence was in his wallet and the car-papers (kentekenbewijzen, verzekeringspapieren en keuringsrapporten) ook.
First they advised us to park the car in a garage so that they could't take off the license plates, put them on another car, cause lots of trouble and have us sent the bills for it. And then they said that, a drivers licence being a valid ID, they could cause a lot of trouble with that too.

So. R. went down, was back around 12 and that's it.

Unbelievable isn't it.
Goes to prove, you really cannot leave your front (or backyard door) open for 1 minute. Literally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home