A new business. With bonus material and bloopers and all. And you're right, I changed the title. Bit too presumptious. But if you want to find out more, got to learn Dutch first. Coz I tried in English, i really did, and it's just too much struggle. And hey i am lot smarter and wittier in my own language. So what i'll do; i'll just give it a go and juice it up with some Dutch whenever i am stuck. K?

Monday, July 27, 2009

this one's for ally's mom

see, Ally is our new au pair as of end August.
but her mom is anxious and wants to know we
1. exist
2. have children at all
3. will not use her as a A Slave, B hooker
4. or simply abuse her

I would like to know that too if Caroline were to go abroad for a year :)

so to all you readers out there; do Ally's mom a favour and leave a comment about how fantastic we are!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger MELISS said...

AHhahHahHAHahHAH
A HOOKER!
Nooooooooo way!
AHhahAH

Okay, seriously...

Dear: Ally's Mum

Hello, I am Melissa Dale-Hicks, a previous (Canadian) aupair of Ineke and Robbert's. I worked with the Haas/Pompen family for 18 months and I can assure you that all Ineke has said is true, and that they are a truly wonderful family to work for and live with. They are fair, honest, upfront, caring, loving and Ally will have an amazing time in their home. They also will never take advantage of her, overwork her or abuse her. If Ien and Robbert were ever in a jam I'd be there ASAP for them, and I think that speaks volumes. Really, they're an AMAZING family.

Sincerely,
Melissa

xo

3:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am Meliss' girlfriend Jess, and I too worked in The Netherlands as an Au Pair, in Den Haag. Melissa and I decided it would be an adventure to travel to Europe together, and to find jobs that were closely located so we could live near one another. I spent many, many days at the Haas-Pompen household... parties, dinners, playdates, and much more. We truly felt as if we were part of the family. They're a very accommodating bunch, and both Melissa and I cannot wait to visit them in Holland again.
I can't imagine Ineke having a bad bone in her body... she is honestly one of the nicest and most sincere, easy-going people I have ever met.
xoxo!
-Jess

7:42 PM

 
Blogger Ineke said...

aahhhh. i love you 2
(and that bribe seems well spent :) )

7:49 PM

 
Anonymous Diane said...

Hi Ally's mom. My daughter Chelsea, is the current Nanny. I was so nervous when Chelsea left. I had the same fears you do. Ineka is such a sweet person. She has been really good to Chelsea. Ineka has gone out of her way to make Chelsea feel appreciated and at home. The kids are great too. Oh the family allowed me to stay in their guest room for two weeks! And Chelsea's dad visited recently and had a great time. Try not to worry. Even though I know you will. Ally will have many wonderful memories.

6:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home