A new business. With bonus material and bloopers and all. And you're right, I changed the title. Bit too presumptious. But if you want to find out more, got to learn Dutch first. Coz I tried in English, i really did, and it's just too much struggle. And hey i am lot smarter and wittier in my own language. So what i'll do; i'll just give it a go and juice it up with some Dutch whenever i am stuck. K?

Monday, July 13, 2009

About 24 hrs ago

my mum died.
at that moment robbert was packing the boys bags for their sailing camp and after I had phoned him we decided to not tell them for the moment and simply go ahead with life.

by now my sister and i have started cleaning up the house and emptying drawers with youth photo's of family we didn't even know we had, administration dating back till 1988, an oven with food it in etc.

What i can't believe and even annoys me, is that i am having such a hard time believing it.
Come on now.
we saw this one coming for years in a row.
YEARS!
every time she wouldn't pick up the phone i would go there to check she was still alive.

and its almost insulting to see how ordinary life goes on.

caroline had to be brought to pony camp (we hadn't told her yet)
there is laundry to be done.
people on the street greet me and i am flabbergasted they can't see my mother died.

the cremation is this friday.
ttyl.

1 Comments:

Blogger MELISS said...

< / 3

It must be so hard.
..even when you expect something you're never quite ready for it.
In fact, it may just be the opposite since you're expecting it.

Wish I could come give you a hug, and attend her service.

I really thought she was one of the neatest Omas I'd ever met..

Cést la vie, as our French Canadians would say.

I am very sorry for your loss, and I'm thinking of you all (even more than usual)

LOVE YOU.
<3
xo

8:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home