A new business. With bonus material and bloopers and all. And you're right, I changed the title. Bit too presumptious. But if you want to find out more, got to learn Dutch first. Coz I tried in English, i really did, and it's just too much struggle. And hey i am lot smarter and wittier in my own language. So what i'll do; i'll just give it a go and juice it up with some Dutch whenever i am stuck. K?

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

One of those days

This morning we brought Jamie to Schiphol.
She's leaving for Venice and will be dearly missed.

Then.

On the way back to Rotterdam (a 4 lane highway and yes i was at the utter left) i got a flat tyre.
Car was swaying, everyone rushed by and i had 3 screaming kids in the back .
I managed to get onto the vluchtstrook (had to slalom between poles with trucks behind me, nice) and called AAA (aka the Wegenwacht)

They advised me to stand behind the vangrail.

It was raining.
And behind the vangrail it was mud or muddier.
There i was standing with Caroline who kept jumping in the mud, Timo who kept scraping the mud of on the vangrail all the while awkwardly balancing on one foot and Morten who asked where the Wegenwacht guy was.

Good question.
By the time i was up till my knees in mud, he arrived.
Asked for the spare tyre.
As if i have any idea.

Asked for the safety bout to undo the wheel.
See above.

I must say, after about 20 minutes we had the spare thing (which was hanging under the car!) ready and tried to make it back up the highway on a speed of about 40 (still trying to avoid the poles they had set up) and of course no one seeing my light and giving me permission to come into the crowd.
Somehow we managed and because it was about lunchtime by then, headed of to the McD. for 3 happy meals.

Morten got his dino stolen by some trailerfamilykid while playing.

All in tears, (him) i took him to the counter and got another one.

And threw that one in the bin while emptying the table.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home