A new business. With bonus material and bloopers and all. And you're right, I changed the title. Bit too presumptious. But if you want to find out more, got to learn Dutch first. Coz I tried in English, i really did, and it's just too much struggle. And hey i am lot smarter and wittier in my own language. So what i'll do; i'll just give it a go and juice it up with some Dutch whenever i am stuck. K?

Thursday, June 23, 2005

General update on the robbery and other stuff

So. J. worked all evening yesterday (thank you very muts) to get my new (and very hip-looking) laptop ready for which I am eternally thankful.
Unfortunately insurance won't pay for it coz there are no signs of a burglary.
Right.

Some homeless punk found (amongst papers of 2 other families) some of our papers in a trash bin and handed them over to the police. (When R. went to the station to pick it up, he said the police know all these ppl by name and they were walking in all the time at the police station, to have a coffee, sit in an airconditioned room for a while and leave again when they were cool again !)
He renewed his drivers license (which wasn't found obviously) and that alone took him more than 2 hrs at the city hall. All in all we've got everything that was stolen back/new again.

He also got another job interview at Pink/Getronics and now it is more promising than ever.
His former boss (guess that helps) told him he definitely wants him on his team but coming Monday he has to have another interview with someone he will be working with (and whom his boss wants him to replace, which she is not told yet, so there you go for political skills to get a job!) Fingers crossed, if all goes well he can start August 1.

Today is A.'s last day.
I called United Airlines yesterday coz there was a bit of a panic.
I thought I booked thro Ebookers, but A. said I hadn't given her her e-ticket yet.
And ebookers couldn't find her at all in their system.
O God I though, I have to get back to the house now and tell her she's not going home this Friday.
But I knew for sure everything was arranged, I just couldn't find the confirmation anywhere.
United Airlines however forwarded her itinerary and confirmed she was on board so pff that's settled.
I also mailed the Hema coz I ordered something that has to arrive for her today or else we have to send it to her and that would be such a bummer. Let's not get into details coz it still might arrive today and then everything is OK, but still...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home