A new business. With bonus material and bloopers and all. And you're right, I changed the title. Bit too presumptious. But if you want to find out more, got to learn Dutch first. Coz I tried in English, i really did, and it's just too much struggle. And hey i am lot smarter and wittier in my own language. So what i'll do; i'll just give it a go and juice it up with some Dutch whenever i am stuck. K?

Sunday, November 02, 2008

another one down

Yes!!
The toughest tournament so far. He had to fight 7 times (of which 4 in a row and he won 3 of those) and it finally gave him the 3rd place.
Sometimes I think these tournaments toughen him but also me. He got hit by his opponents head in his first fight and was fighting his tears with me on the side doing the same. Lost that one of course and angrily wiped the tears from his eyes.
Then he won one and then in the 3rd fight, the other ones elbow hit his nose. He was shaking his head to get control and focus back so he could continue the fight, but honestly it is not easy to contain myself and not run towards him while on the way killing the other child AND his parents. Or whomever dares to cheer at these moments.
It's a cliche, but raising children means letting go.
I am convinced that one learns most from ones mistakes, but as a 42 yr old who thinks she's seen it all, been there and done it, i have to sit on my hands and bite my tongue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home