A new business. With bonus material and bloopers and all. And you're right, I changed the title. Bit too presumptious. But if you want to find out more, got to learn Dutch first. Coz I tried in English, i really did, and it's just too much struggle. And hey i am lot smarter and wittier in my own language. So what i'll do; i'll just give it a go and juice it up with some Dutch whenever i am stuck. K?

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Police affairs

I've got 2 businesses. I am setting up Looking for Friends and i've also got a temporary job agency and recruitment firm.
The contract of one of our employees (let's just call him Bart) of the last firm, ended April 30.
I called him the 27th to say he could treat his department on our account and i would contact him later that week to make arrangements about handing in the leasecar and so on.
I then spoke to him last Friday and he started making trouble. Said we hadnot given him proper notice and he would be denied of an allowance.
I got pissed, said so to him and made an appointment for yesterday morning to hand over the car.
You can probably see where this is going, he didn't show up.
Didn't answer his cell or normal phone, didn't respond to emails.

Now Bart has worked with us for 2 yrs, got an unasked for raise last January, won the Karting competition we organised as a company a few weeks back, got free tickets for him and his girlfriend for Snowworld etc. etc.
In fact T. and I rather liked him. Funny guy, bit of a big mouth but he made us laugh.

Not right now no.
We mailed him that incase he didn't return the car Tuesday at 10, we would report a theft and all costs involved would be his.

Nobody shows, so i go to the police office.
After having been told, i have to make an appointment and will be the first Friday afternoon at 4 !!, I go over to another station and get back in line.
Now there are 2 woman and 3 kids in front of me.
The officer behind the counter reads something from her display and says to one of the woman that this is a serious case and uses the word vice.
I start to cry almost immediately.
So does the mother. The officer asks how old her children are, she says 6, 8 and 5 months and then they are being brought over to a more private waiting room. Just before they go in, the officer asks her which child was involved and the mother points to the 6 yr old.

By the time it's my turn i am almost ashamed to say i am there for a cartheft, have a huge knot in my stomach and tears in my eyes.

Later that day Bart handed in the car but i can't get the sight of the mother and in fact that whole family out of my mind.
I am hereby warning everybody who lays a finger on any of my children. I am going to find, torture and kill you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home