A new business. With bonus material and bloopers and all. And you're right, I changed the title. Bit too presumptious. But if you want to find out more, got to learn Dutch first. Coz I tried in English, i really did, and it's just too much struggle. And hey i am lot smarter and wittier in my own language. So what i'll do; i'll just give it a go and juice it up with some Dutch whenever i am stuck. K?

Monday, May 02, 2005

Elysium

Weather forecast for yesterday evening and today was storm and thunder.
Great.
R. had to be in Zoetermeer at 9 with 3 children and A. and i went to Elysium this morning.
And as we still don't have a car, R, had to leave at 7.45 and A. and i left at 9.30.
We kept it dry for about 2 minutes and then had 58 more to go.

I swear there was soap coming out of my knees. (best test ever to see if your rinsing program is doing what it should)
In the beginning it was even kind of fun.
A. provocatively (is that a word?) said she liked this kind of rain (Big Big drops)
I added it wasnot even cold.

But it is if you're 1 hr further !
And big or little drops; even my thong was wet.
(NO, don't go there!!!)

Ok, so we check in, get the towels and bathrobes and slippers and change.
By the time we're ready to go into the first sauna, i remember we've booked 2 treatments but don't know where or how late to go for that.
I vaguely remember some sign at the entrance and even something on the parking lot, that there was another entrance for those who also booked a treatment, but hey; i didn't have my glasses on anymore coz they were foggy and dripping and A. wasn't paying attention.
So..
The lady at the reception was not amused. Verbal and nonverbal communication showed i was a total moron. I ofcourse was all innocence and didn't read her signs.

To sum it up; we did 3 sauna's (the Steampool, the Finnish sauna-> which was so hot, my butt stuck to the wood, Duhh, that's why the others sit on a towel, and one that smelled of cinnamom), swam both in in-and outdoors pools, swam in the saltiest pool i have ever been, ran thru the Neveltuin (you should have seen A. doing a Free Willy imitation), drunk tea and healthy fruitmixes, A. got a facial and i had an algenpakking (for those of you who are wondering; you lay on a plastic sheet on a wooden shelf in a tub. The beauty woman lubricates strange smelling stuff on you, wraps the plastic sheet and a thicker plastic blanket around you, lowers the shelf that starts to flow in the water, makes sure your head is still dry and then asks just before leaving the room; you are not claustrofobic are you?
Haha, no i don't think i am.
But after 10 minutes something starts to itch at my left eye. I mentally try to replace the itch by something my hand can reach like my thigh, but find out I clearly have to work on my NLP skills)
All in all a great day.

R. picked us up in T.'s car.
The thought of having to get into a pair of totally wet and tight trousers, stepping into soaking shoes and putting on a dripping sweater was a bit too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home