A new business. With bonus material and bloopers and all. And you're right, I changed the title. Bit too presumptious. But if you want to find out more, got to learn Dutch first. Coz I tried in English, i really did, and it's just too much struggle. And hey i am lot smarter and wittier in my own language. So what i'll do; i'll just give it a go and juice it up with some Dutch whenever i am stuck. K?

Thursday, October 27, 2005

My voice test

Remember I spoke about the volunteer job couple of days ago for which I had to undergo severe tests?

I took those today.

After having spoken to a woman who would be my "tester" I was led to a small studio with a huge microphone (of the sort I see in videoclips) and her at the other side of the glass.
By the time I had stated my name, address and the date, my voice was too nervous to joke about and I spoke as if being hunted by a hurricane. What made things worse was that just before I went over, I looked at their website to find the way to get there. And then I read that several actors and newsreaders are among their volunteers.
Shit.
And here I was, secretly thinking I would be brilliant and was going to do commercials and Disney films.
Hahaha.

She said to slow down and when I realized I had nothing to lose, things went better. I paused at the comma's and even got so carried away I found myself lifting my hands to exclaim things and laughing about something I said myself.
OMG.
I made a total fool of myself.

Halfway the 2nd text the director came over to listen. She said afterwards they were having trouble with the equipment but when I asked if I had to do it again, she said they would manage.
Sure honey I get your message.

So I went along with Goethe (in German ofcourse) with a very small English txt and then ended up with a French poem.
She came back to me then with a text I couldn't have prepared (for the better probably coz it made me slow down even more) and that was it.

I am to hear from them in the next couple of weeks.
Want to bet on their answer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home