A new business. With bonus material and bloopers and all. And you're right, I changed the title. Bit too presumptious. But if you want to find out more, got to learn Dutch first. Coz I tried in English, i really did, and it's just too much struggle. And hey i am lot smarter and wittier in my own language. So what i'll do; i'll just give it a go and juice it up with some Dutch whenever i am stuck. K?

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

1 april

Yesterday, i got an email from the principle of the children's school
There is a project about digital harrassment and his school is invited to join in in an american (ofcourse) study that will be expanded to the Netherlands.
The children will get a chip under their skin (caroline was more concerned with where it would go instead of the very fact itself) and can be observed because of the signal all day. Of course camera's will be hung all over the place and the playground outside.
Some extra point for parents; we could watch our kid too on the internet, once we knew their 'codes' and could even correct them by giving out some signal to the chip. Just a mild one of course.

I couldnot believe what i was reading.
Let my co worker have a look
We were stunned.
I said to her; this is 1984, this is horrendous, i have to take my kids off that school

i called the principle.

is it true that you just send out an email?
Yes he said.

I am so shocked i said. I find this in NO way in line of the normal behaviour of your school. I don't understand any of it.

What date do you think tomorrow is, he said.

O. M. G.

This morning i found another email in my inbox.
Most parents understood the fun of it, but some had made complaints.
He had solved the whole thing by handing out chips (crisps) which the children loved.

Did you fall for something today?

5 Comments:

Blogger Practically Dutch said...

What?! I am so confused!! Did the school really play an april fool on you?!

12:01 PM

 
Blogger Ineke said...

Yes they did :)

2:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I'd have find it funny... the principal is weird man!

2:03 AM

 
Blogger Austin said...

Wow that is so hilarious! Especially since I knew the principal! I enjoyed helping out at that school so much!

9:12 PM

 
Blogger Melissa said...

Oh my goodness, as I reading this, I couldn't believe what I was reading. I'm glad it was just an April Fools joke, but I do think I would have been a little bit upset about it all!

12:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home