A new business. With bonus material and bloopers and all. And you're right, I changed the title. Bit too presumptious. But if you want to find out more, got to learn Dutch first. Coz I tried in English, i really did, and it's just too much struggle. And hey i am lot smarter and wittier in my own language. So what i'll do; i'll just give it a go and juice it up with some Dutch whenever i am stuck. K?

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Update

I haven't been here for a while and one of the reasons was, everything around me seemed to fall apart.
It all started with the van. Last december Robbert & I had been on some rides with new vans coz we could see coming that he one we have had to go. Too old, getting unpredictable and very important; someone wanted to buy it.
BUT, it took us forever to decide which new car we wanted (van vs car, ford vs mercedes vs volkswagen, mini cooper vs porsche, my thoughts were going nowhere).
Then the van itself decided to give us some hints.
Keep in mind that as of half december we constantly have had snow and the average temperature this month has been below zero!! Besides that Robbert had to hand in his leased car, so we definitely needed this one.
First the gear box died.
600 euro (say 900 dollars) and the costs of a rental car.
then the dynamo died. another 600 euro the dealer garage estimated.
No way Jose.
we took it to another garage, but still 400 euro.

The paint of the kitchen drawers is coming down and 3 weeks ago i simply pulled of the front of one of the drawers completely.

Then my phone started acting up.
Weird messages keep popping up and blocking the screen saying i am running out of memory (huh?) and i need to clean the place up. When I try to, it blocks all together.

I hate, hate, hate having to spend time on these ridiculous things.

Sofar we've got the kitchen fairly covered. A guy came over twice, with a new design and a frightening estimate.
Keeping fingers crossed but chances are we've got a new kitchen (with a cooker and 5 pits!, new oven, dishwasher in another place, new fridge and freezer and simply new closests, drawers and sinks) early May.

I also order a new phone online that will hopefully be here in a couple of days and today I am hoping for an estimate on the Ford Transit..

All I need to sort out now, is getting new contacts (hate it that i have to make an appointment for that) and having my hair coloured again (which takes me about 2,5 hrs. As if I have the time).

Still things could be worse I guess.

5 Comments:

Blogger MELISS said...

You're getting a FORD?! "Built Ford tough!"(One of it's most popular slogans..)So weird that a Ford to you is an import, and to us it's just every other car we see.Are they cray expensive there, since they are an import? I looked up the Ford Transit Connect and it'd cost you $26,800.00 CAN here...so like 18,741.00 euro... That's so exciting, a new car! (I know it's also a pain in the ass...but it'll be nice to have a dependable new car!)

I can not wait to see the kitchen! I bet it's going to look amazing!!!!!!

Witch phone did you end up choosing? I really thought you'd go for the iPhone...a few of my friends have it and I love it...

I miss you all like crazy!

xxx

OH!
What colour are you doing your hair?
Mine's ginger now!!!!!!! :S

5:10 PM

 
Blogger Ineke said...

i know, i saw it on fb! looks pretty and soft on you.

the regular model would be in deed about 18/19 thousand. I want the top model (haha, top model van) with leather, navigation. 18 inch wheels, the lot. thats about 30-35 thousand.
and for the phone; yes i wanted the iphone too, but my provider doesnt service it (yet) so i went for the HTC HD2. A smartphone too, just not as cool as the apple one.
You know today is the last day of the oliebollenkraam and we have 20 bolls laying in the freezer :) Robbert said the 2 of you are good for at least 10 balls and then we will help with the rest!
cant wait to see you to!
o and the hair is still red. Its pretty long and boring but i am saving for soft curls/waves, so need some lenght. At the moment my grey is shining through and it looks horrible. I am so glad i cant see my own hair.

6:14 PM

 
Blogger MELISS said...

Wow, all the bells and whistles on the van, eh?! CRAZY! That's one pricey FORD! It'll be sooooo nice though!

Oh I also like that phone! Careful, the kids will want to steal it and play with it all the time!

MMmM oliebollen!!!!!!! I'm SO excited you have some saved for us, that's awesome! Our home internet network is called "oliebollen" actually!

I'm glad your hair is red,I really like it on you. Your stylist is so great with colour, it's awesome. You're thinking of curls?! That will look so nice on you! I've never seen you with long hair, or curls so I hope it's like that in May! AHhah I ALWAYS say I am so glad I can't see my own roots, it's a saving grace-colours are expensive!

8:08 PM

 
Blogger MELISS said...

Has Robbert gotten a job...yet?
:P

8:15 PM

 
Blogger Ineke said...

o and no, no job in sight

9:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home