A new business. With bonus material and bloopers and all. And you're right, I changed the title. Bit too presumptious. But if you want to find out more, got to learn Dutch first. Coz I tried in English, i really did, and it's just too much struggle. And hey i am lot smarter and wittier in my own language. So what i'll do; i'll just give it a go and juice it up with some Dutch whenever i am stuck. K?

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Geitjes and my kuit


Finally !!
It's still bl*dy cold (-5 till -8 at night can you believe that?) but at least the sun came round today.

Yesterday and today i've been out making photos for Rotterdam Daily Photo so that i have something in stock in times of need.
With R. and the kids we've been to Delfshaven and today i visited the Old Harbor.

We are all stil a bit under the weather.
C. is coughing a lot and simly has a fever but it doesn't stop her from saying things like:
I haven been thinking...
I absolutely don't want you to...

Yesterday morning at breakfast table the boys were at their best talking about "piemels" and "plas" and the likes.
At some point they said, you could only pee when you had a piemel.
O yeah, i said, I don't have a piemel.

No M. replyed.
But you pee with your "kuit"
And he looked at me to see what my reaction would be.
Now i am not going to translate what he was trying to say, but i'll keep at the fact that he was just 1 letter away from it.
I'll show you where my kuit is I said and showed them my calve.
Hilarious ofcourse.
Next thing i know, they were peeing out of bodyparts all over.
Sure.

Now C. has something alike.
She mixes jokes ("geintjes) and goats ("geitjes")
So whenever someone is saying something she doesn't want to believe she says;
Geitje zeker !

2 Comments:

Blogger pepernootje said...

is 'kut'a swear word? i used to call my boyfriend a 'pig' but then was wondering why people were giving me weird looks. of course now i know they thought i said 'pik';)

2:53 PM

 
Blogger Ineke said...

*Lol*
YES that is a swear word. I could never write that down!!
That's the crazy thing about a strange language; you curse much easier!
And i can understand about the strange looks !!

4:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home