A new business. With bonus material and bloopers and all. And you're right, I changed the title. Bit too presumptious. But if you want to find out more, got to learn Dutch first. Coz I tried in English, i really did, and it's just too much struggle. And hey i am lot smarter and wittier in my own language. So what i'll do; i'll just give it a go and juice it up with some Dutch whenever i am stuck. K?

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Rotterdam daily photo 5 yrs!

Guys, i have had so much fun the last days collecting photo's for Rotterdamdailyphoto's 5th anniversary!

About 2 weeks ago I had written Ahmed Aboutaleb (our mayor) and cc-ed his spokesman. The latter mailed me back after a couple of days that the mayor would cooperate.
I was over the moon!

Once the day came closer of THE photo shoot i realized i had to have some gimmick to make it clear that he was actually posing for Rdamdailyphoto's 5th anniversary and i hadnot taken the photo on another moment or stolen it from somewhere else (not that i ever would, but i wanted somethign that would make it unique).

so i thought of a birthday candle. You know, the one that little children have on their cake and indicates their age.
First it took me 3 shops to get a 5 but in the end i did.
But what are you going to say to him, my colleagues asked a couple of hours before i had the meeting.
And then i thought of the well known sentence from an add from the 90-ies ; Ik durf het bijna niet te vragen, maar....

So, after having witnessed a city council meeting and having waited for some time, I almost peed my pants, but no guts no glory and said; I hardly dare ask, but could you be so kind as to hold this candle?

Did he? Check out the results tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home